What is it?
A lot of people would like to have original artwork in their home or shop, but don’t have the money to actually buy a piece of art. On the other hand, I as an artist always have artwork that is not sold or in a gallery yet… and that’s a pity because the goal of art is to be enjoyed, not to gather dust.
That’s why I provide and Art At Home option.
Art At Home is a cheap yearly subscription formula for you to get some original artwork in your home or shop to enjoy.
How much does it cost?
I ask a low yearly fee per piece of art depending on the size of the artwork:
- €25 per year for artwork under 30x30cm
- €50 per year for artwork under 50x50cm
- €100 per year for artwork over 50x50cm
The only exception is when you damage the artwork. In that case the contract will stipulate that you are obliged to buy the artwork at its full price.
How long can I keep the artwork?
I work with a yearly contract, so you can keep the artwork for one year starting from the agreed pick-up date.
The the two exceptions are:
- when an artwork is actually sold we will ask the piece back. If this happens within the first 6 months that you are renting the artwork 100% of your fee will be reimbursed. If it happens in the last 6 months, 50% of the fee will be reimbursed.
- if there is an exhibition by the artist or in a gallery that would require the piece of art to be put on display, the renting period is extended with the duration of the exhibition.
How do I get the artwork?
There are two ways to get the piece of art after signing a rental agreement:
- you pick up the artwork in my studio.
- you have the piece of art delivered at your place and pay for the shipping cost.
If you are interested in renting artwork, please send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org